Introduction to Affirming Spaces is a series of three course modules for healthcare providers that offer insight into fostering affirming healthcare practices that better serve trans and gender-diverse patients in Alberta. The training is free and administered by a collection of healthcare practitioners, academic and community-based researchers, activists, community members, university professors, and sexual health educators.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Pronouns & Inclusive Language
- 2SLGBTQ+ Terminology
- Creating Affirming Healthcare Settings
- Transforming Rural Primary Care
- Inclusive Practices for Healthcare Providers
- Disability Justice
- Queer and Trans Youth Homelessness
- Key Considerations for Inclusive Nursing Practices
- Inclusive Healthcare Settings for Two-Spirit and Indigenous Communities
- Repairing Broken Relationships Between the Medical and 2SLGBTQ+ Communities
Upon completion of all three course modules, a certificate of completion will be administered through the online educational platform Teachable.
CBRC is incredibly grateful to all of the collaborators and presenters who contributed to the Introduction to Affirming Spaces Training.